If you are one of those who think eating oatmeal for breakfast is boring, this post will help you change you’re mind and make you start taking full advantage of this healthy food. Adding oat meal to your diet will not only help you with a bunch of healthy benefits but it’s also a quick breakfast.
- Oatmeal is a carbohydrate and protein-rich source that provides calories and energy;
- Oatmeal’s low glycemic index is beneficial when it comes to reducing the risk of diabetes;
- This power food has been used as a smoothing agent to relieve itch and irritation while also providing an array of benefits for the skin;
- Oatmeal is an appetite suppressor that can be an integral part to any weight loss diet;
- Foods rich in whole oat sources of soluble fiber have been linked to good heart health;
- A high-fiber diet can be beneficial when it comes to reducing the risk of colorectal cancer.
Here is a list of great oatmeal recipes, just don’t forget that adding sugar to your oatmeal everyday will not help you take full advantage of this food.
Blueberries / Sunflower Seeds / Agave
Mango / Cashews / Coconut Flakes
Grapes / Peanut butter
Pineapple / Mint Leaves / Cinnamon
Banana / Molasses / Toasted Pecans
Greek Yogurt / Orange Marmalade (or any jam you have on hand)