Now that summer is over and your bikini is officially retired…it’s time to indulge your self in the most caloric time of the year we all love…It’s a whole month of chocolate Santas, all the goodies you can think of and more…
There are 3 different treats I always do for christmas night which are really easy to make, look good and make christmas a whole lot better!
This American christmas beverage is a real liquid dessert! Also a caloric bomb so be careful, it’s hard to only have one cup.
INGREDIENTS (4 people)
- 1 Lt Fat Milk
- 4 Big Eggs (Yolks)
- 200 gr White Sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod
- Cinnamon Stick and powder
- 200 ml Cream
- Bottle of Brandy or Dark Rum
- In a pan ad the Milk with the Vanilla and cinnamon stick over medium heat.
- Add the egg yolks into a bowl and add the sugar while whisking until it turns light creamy.
- Just before the milk simmers add the eggs in a steady flow whisking constantly.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often and ad the cream, do not let simmer.
- Pour Brandy or the Dark Rum into the Mugs (4 cls each) and complete it with the hot eggnog.
It doesn’t get any better then this! Originally from Austria it’s a treat that smells like childhood for me. My german half is always craving for this mouth watering dessert. 😉 You can click on THIS link for the original recipe. Personally I like to add hot vanilla sauce instead of whipped cream. Try it out and let me know what you think!
GLÜHWEIN (Mulled Wine)
A real typical German drink for Christmas is this hot sweetened wine mixed with spices
- 3 LT Red Wine
- 100 Gr White Sugar
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Vanilla Pod
- Lemon and Orange Wedges
- Besides the sugar, add all the ingredients in a big pan and pour in the wine, heat until steaming but not simmering.
- Add sugar as you like.
- Serve hot in cool christmas mugs 😉